Recommended for outdoor wood projects only. For indoor projects, please use our Original or TrueTone products.
This product is part of a finishing system.
You will also need one of our Waterlox Marine Finishes to complete your project.
- Our traditional formulation is product number TB 3809.
- Formulated as a traditional exterior penetrating Tung oil sealer/primer.
- Penetrates and waterproofs when used as the sealer/primer coat(s) in conjunction with Waterlox Original Marine Finish.
- Like all of our Tung oil finishes, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- For exterior projects, when used as a sealer only, apply 2 coats to prime/seal, followed by 2 coats of Marine Finish.
- Excellent for use as a primer, tie-coat or paint additive to improve adhesion.
- Exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood and ipe.
- Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish (TB 5284) can be used interchangeably with Waterlox Original Marine Sealer (TB 3809).
- Coverage. One gallon covers 500 square feet per coat. One quart covers 125 square feet per coat. The number of coats depends upon the porosity of the wood. No thinning necessary.
- Dry time minimum of 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.