Waterlox provides a rich, hand-rubbed patina that enhances a wood’s grain and brings out its inherent beauty. Waterlox finishes penetrate deep into the pores of the wood forming a bond from within. This penetrating feature gives the wood an “open pore” appearance that is desired by those seeking a natural-looking wood surface. Waterlox is the first choice for many wood floor specialists, furniture makers, antique restorers and craftsmen because of the genuine old-world presence and distinctive character it provides.
Waterlox tung oil finish is the optimal way to preserve wood while revealing its gorgeous color and alluring luster. The ancient Chinese used tung oil to waterproof ships. Today, Waterlox literally locks out water with a formula that relies on the protective nature of resins and the penetrating sealing advantages of tung oil. Waterlox permeates wood surfaces and actually becomes part of the wood itself to resist moisture, dirt, household chemicals, alcoholic beverages, heat and cold and to provide an unprecedented finish.
EASE OF USE
Waterlox finishes are surprisingly easy to apply. They have a longer “open time,” meaning they stay workable for a greater period of time than most waterborne or oil based urethanes. And because Waterlox is self-leveling, lap marks, turns and cut-ins disappear. Waterlox is also simple to maintain. If noticeable scratches appear on your Waterlox-finished surface, all you need to do is clean the damaged area well with soap and water and then reapply a new coat where needed. You do not need to sand down to bare wood or refinish the entire floor like you do with other finishes
- Our formulation is product number TB 3182.
- Produces a high gloss appearance (85° gloss level).
- Our highest gloss level offered.
- Like all of our Tung oil finishes, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- Formulated as a traditional interior penetrating Tung oil finish.
- Formulated to be brushed on and used "out of the can".
- Forms a protective yet elastic finish against common household spills, moisture and foot traffic.
- Penetrates and waterproofs when used as a finishing system in conjunction with Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish.
- Easier to maintain than other interior clear finishes or surface finishes
VOC Regulated Product - Please see VOC Regulated page for details.